Work with Us
Our Good Neighbor Facilities Coordinator is a team player with a background in event management who loves creating and maintaining organized systems, understands their role in creating a seamless, memorable experience for our guest’s events and has strong communication skills.
This person coordinates with the owner regarding specific event needs, does facilities maintenance, sets up and breaks down events, and works at our events understanding the duality of clear communication and boundaries with our guests while supporting their vision and hopes for an amazing event. A great match for this position is someone who optimistically challenges themselves when faced with the unknown, seeks to refine systems, communicates clearly and enjoys working with people. Although a background in facilities and event coordination is preferred, it is not required. If you have a strong desire to contribute positively to our culture and work as part of our dedicated team, we want to meet you.
The Good Neighbor backyard is a garden oasis tucked behind a retail space along the bustling Piedmont Avenue corridor. It has been a labor of love to turn what was once an overgrown, unused space into a premiere outdoor event space that provides a warm, inviting backdrop. Our garden space is used for celebration of life, engagement, retirement, baby shower...big transitional events.
People who lack self awareness, are not open to feedback, or are not a team player need not apply. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for organization, supporting coworkers and guests, a strong interest in people and creating a space to congregate, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Providing clear communication with owner and guests
- Working events which includes checking in on guests, removing trash, maintaining sound levels, turning on heat as needed, and being able to wrap up an event at the agreed upon time
- Managing guest expectations and putting their expectations realistically into the framework of the space
- Maintain the physical event space garden, trash and recycling, lighting, heating, and sound.
- Organize and manage all event add ons including plates, cutlery, glassware, table, chairs, and linens
- Set up and break down events which can include tables, chairs, linens, plant
- Redistribution and cleaning
- Identify areas for system improvements and implement
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to connect well with guests and co-workers alike
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job and company
- Must be a strong systems thinker with the ability to improve and develop new systems and processes that support workflow
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and ability to work in an interruption-prone environment
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with events and facilities coordination
- This is a regular, part-time, exempt position
- The facilities coordinator will be expected to work on weekends
- Salary to be discussed during interview process
- General supervision provided by store owner
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
18 - 24 HOURS A WEEK
How to Apply
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Put “Facility Coordinator” in the subject line of your email
Please, no unsolicited calls or walk-ins; applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Good Neighbor. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Good Neighbor is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.